11 January 2009

1827 days

I know its 11 days past the beginning of the year, and that is when everyone takes a moment to look back, but five years ago our child move in to our home.  We are technically legal guardians, looking after an orphan.  A girl by the age of six had lost both parents to cancer, and was moved 800 miles from her home to start a new.  In all but legal title we are her parents, and are very proud of her.

It is amazing to see someone who has seen so much so soon be able to move on, worrying about friends, playing pokemon, and throwing fits about homework.  I am amazed at how well she and children in general can adapt.  

I keep my private life private, so there is not much more to say, except kids are exceptional, and full of optimism.  I guess they were not, the human race would have died out a long time ago.

Just remember, "pokemon, you have to collect them all"


No comments: