28 December 2008

ICS700

Well one thing is done, due before then end of year, for the Civil Air Patrol Emergency Service rating, all CAP emg. service members must pass the ICS 700 online class, NIMS (National Incident Management System) Introduction.  After a couple hours of study and plenty of slides, I passed the test on my first attempt.

I know watching TV news it seems that there is not a plan when a disaster happens, but all those folks running around, actually are following a well thought out plan.  It is chaotic, and like with war, all plans work until they are in use, but there is a reason, and a big picture being managed.  All those responders are doing what they do to help people, and that is something we are all lucky to have. 

Now that reminds me, I need to make a donation to BackStoppers.

No comments: