17 December 2008

Panadora

Okay, okay, I am behind the times, but trying to catch up.

Just started using Pandora and well it rock.  Now I can listen to The Donna's and find other great music.   If you saw knew me, you'd be laughing if you thought I would be a Donna's fan, but why not.  I am too old and bitter to care.

For the few who do not know, Pandora is streaming radio service, in which your thumbs up or down helps it determine what song to play next.  So in theory if the more the music you like and rate the more you get. So far its pretty, so good.

Speaking of trying new things, (don't worry this is a "G" rated comment), at they office they are rolling out Office 2007, and I am surprised at the resistance.  Personally I think its cool (yes office can be cool) so I volunteered for a beta tester.  I can't imagine everyone not doing that.  I talked to the IT department this afternoon and said, "sure install it, no problem, worse case I have an excuse not to do anything for the rest of year".  I feel sorry for the IT department, its not an easy job, and I know they get lots more blame the complements.

You know its early but mark that clean desk calendar's last day of July as SysAdminDay .  They deserve it, plus if you tick them off they will block the pandora website.

No comments: